“No Excuses” Bariatric Fitness Program
The “No Excuses” Bariatric Fitness Program is available at the Siskin Health & Fitness Center.
The “No Excuses” Program is designed for those planning to undergo or who have already had bariatric weight loss surgery.
By participating in an exercise program prior to surgery, participants can establish a cardiovascular routine and begin strengthening muscles. For those who have already had the surgery and are medically cleared for exercise, participants can enhance their weight loss safely while maintaining, and even increasing, their muscle mass.
The mission of the Bariatric Weight Loss Fitness Program is to meet the challenges of the obese patient who wishes to learn effective exercise without stress on the back, hips, or knees. Participants will be educated on the metabolic aspect of weight loss, gaining a further understanding of the breakdown of food and its transformation into energy.
Features of the “No Excuses” Program:
This is a 12-week program, with customized time periods and monthly updates available as needed on an individual basis.
Initial and Monthly Evaluation by Exercise Physiologist Consisting of:
- Circumferential Measurements of Defined Body Parts
Establish Baseline Levels of:
- Cardiovascular Wellness
- Basic Functional Abilities
- Personal Exercise Knowledge and Preferences
Based on results of the initial evaluation, participants and their exercise physiologist will develop a structured exercise program consisting of:
- Attendance at two specialized Bariatric Weight Loss fitness Program small group sessions per week, led by an exercise physiologist at the Health & Fitness Center
- Individualized exercise programs, including cardiovascular training, as well as a variety of strengthening, flexibility, and balance components
- Emphasis on low and non-impact exercises to help decrease joint stress
- Education on exercise progression to foster independence and encourage an overall healthy lifestyle
Additional program features:
- Use of all Health & Fitness Center standard membership offerings, within the limits specified by the exercise physiologist.
- Discounts for add-on services, such as massage and personal training.
- Use of the aquatics area, including group classes, is also available. The Health & Fitness Center’s pool is an integral part of the Bariatric Weight Loss Fitness Program. The water allows for low impact exercises, while providing resistance to improve strength and cardiovascular functioning.
Check out our updated list of class days and times. For more information, please call 423.634.1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health & Fitness Center’s Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Siskin Health & Fitness Center
At Siskin Hospital, we know that physical fitness is for Every Body. That's why The Health & Fitness Center welcomes and accommodates people of every fitness and ability level.
The Siskin Health & Fitness Center is conveniently located on Siskin Hospital's main campus in downtown Chattanooga. The mission of the Health & Fitness Center is to provide a place where persons of all abilities can pursue their fitness and weight loss goals. The Health & Fitness Center provides a safe, friendly atmosphere that minimizes feelings of self-consciousness and helps to motivate members to participate in the many activities that are available.
We recognize that many of our members have unique challenges. To help our members meet these challenges we designed our facility and trained our staff to help our members overcome their personal challenges.
There are several private and family changing rooms that provide a space for those who might need assistance or would prefer privacy.
The Siskin Health & Fitness Center was designed with ease of movement in mind, providing more space in between equipment than the standard fitness facility. The spacious layout allows for safer and easier mobility throughout the entire facility. Many pieces of exercise equipment found in the Siskin Health & Fitness Center have been modified to ensure ease of access and safe use, giving members the confidence to participate in exercises previously thought of as to challenging or unsafe. Examples of these accommodations include high weight capacity treadmills with low step-up heights, seated steppers with oversized seats that place less pressure on the leg joints, as well as elliptical machines with stepping platforms and full-length arm rails.
Many of our members have formed friendships at the Health & Fitness Center, making them even more likely to stick with their workout plans because they enjoy coming in to a place of support and comfort for Every Body.
Please call 423.634.1234 or email email@example.com for more information on how you can pursue a healthy lifestyle at the Health & Fitness Center.