Systems Analyst III
Overview of Siskin
Siskin Hospital was founded in 1989 as the first freestanding, not-for-profit rehabilitation hospital in Tennessee built specifically for rehabilitation patients. Currently, Siskin Hospital remains the only freestanding not-for-profit rehabilitation hospital in Tennessee, offering an all-inclusive campus, as well as off-campus locations, dedicated to meeting a wide variety of rehabilitation needs.
The Systems Analyst will assist users and department staff with implementing, maintaining, and upgrading enterprise healthcare applications and their underlying infrastructure. This position will apply Microsoft server operating system, SQL database, and virtualization knowledge to monitor vendor solutions for best performance; maintaining the good health of systems, applications, and all related databases.
The Systems Analyst will identify and help resolve deficiencies and production issues alongside business and technical teams and assist with defining and creating test case scenarios to further refine our information technology processes. The Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the full interaction with our healthcare applications and systems. This includes making optimizations, creating functionality within the hospital applications, and providing expert support and training for our staff.
To meet these goals the System Analyst must have strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to coordinate effectively with vendors and third party support personnel and have the ability to manage resources with the expectation of managing multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Assist desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- All other duties as assigned
- This position will be part of a rotating call schedule providing after hours support of IT Systems.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Associates degree in Information Technology or related field
Bachelor degree preferred
6 years supporting enterprise applications
6 years installing, managing, and auditing Microsoft Server operating systems
4 years installing, upgrading, and maintaining Microsoft SQL databases. Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
Experience with scripting and automation tools
A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
Microsoft MTA IT Infrastructure
Microsoft MTA Database
CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician
Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2012
Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2016
Experience supporting healthcare EMR systems and related applications
Experience supporting and configuring Microsoft 365
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke-Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.