A Matter of Balance
"A Matter of Balance" is a new program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling, and restrict their activities as a result. "A Matter of Balance" is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
Join us for "A Matter of Balance"!
***Check back soon for the next class session. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This course is FREE!! Participants will attend eight two-hour sessions. "A Matter of Balance" will be held at the Siskin Health & Fitness Center, which is located at One Siskin Plaza, Chattanooga, TN 37403. For directions, please call 423.634.1234.
The program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falling
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This program is provided by the Hamilton County Health Department and Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation. For more information, please visit the Fall Prevention website.