Physical Therapy Technician
Responsible to conduct patient treatment activities and provide related communication as directed by a licensed PT or PTA. Also assists with additional department activities, such as general cleaning activities, clerical tasks and maintaining the efficient operation of the therapy areas for the PT department. Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and competency. Contributes to the effective operations of the hospital and the achievement of the mission and values of Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation.
Minimum qualifications or equivalents
High school diploma or GED equivalent. College coursework in related field preferred.
Prior experience as a Physical Therapy or Rehabilitation Tech preferred
Maintains ongoing CPR certification.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to carry out verbal and written directions relative to patient care.
- Must demonstrate competency in patient care technician training program within first three months and thereafter.
- Must demonstrate mature, goal-oriented work ethic.
- Willingness to accept and give constructive criticism.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Physical / Mental Requirements
Position requires ability to frequently:
- Maneuver patients of varying weights and sizes, with varying functional deficits and abilities to assist with transfers and other mobility activities. Maneuvering patients may also include performing more difficult physical patient activities in cooperation with other staff or utilizing transfer/therapy equipment.
- Perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patient or setting up and operating treatment equipment.
- Walk, sit and/or stand for prolonged periods, remain in awkward positions for prolonged periods such as during patient treatment.
- Be able to see and observe equipment monitors and patient responses, including subtle patient changes such as facial expression, color changes in skin, etc.
- Distinguish variations in sound such as voice patterns or pertinent information from background noise.
- Concentrate on moderate detail and attend to a task for 45-60 minutes with frequent interruptions.
- Remember to carry out multiple assignments at designated times.
- Be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing observations of patient response to treatment.
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke-Free Facility!!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.