Functions as a part of the Siskin Health and Fitness Center team and follows through on all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Personal Trainers are responsible for educating clients and enforcing policies regarding safe and proper use of equipment. Individuals holding this position must be able to develop, document, and implement one-on-one, partner, or group workout programs that match the needs and the goals of the clients. This person must be able to instruct clients on basic exercise physiology and inform them on proper lifting and exercise techniques. This person will have knowledge of all fitness floor policies, programs, and services and be able to communicate to a diverse group of patrons why the policies are in place.
- Ensures a positive, safe environment for all clients with and without physical impairments.
- Works with customer service representative to ensure clients are rescheduling and paying for their sessions.
- Works closely with supervisor to ensure that all fitness center staff consistently exhibit strong customer service behaviors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Professionally completes health assessments and training sessions.
- Provides patrons with a detailed individualized workout program based on their needs.
- Not making up workouts on a whim.
- Arrives at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled appointment.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and exercises.
- Knowledge of all membership options, programs and services.
- Communicates importance of rescheduling the client for the next session.
- Ensures clients are actively wiping down equipment after class.
- Build rapport with clients by encouraging them and recognition of progress.
Personal Trainer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (Health Science related degree preferred)
- Current Personal Trainer Certification (NASM, ACSM, ACE, NCSF, CSCS)
- Current CPR certification
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Friendly and outgoing with excellent communication skills
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke-Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.