We aim to make this a simple process that will allow patients to be admitted in a timely manner. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or comments about our referral process.
The following guide will assist our nurse liaisons in processing referrals for our Inpatient Rehabilitation services.
Please feel free to contact Siskin Hospital’s Admissions Department should you have any questions.
Fax or call in your referral to Siskin Hospital’s Admissions Department
Phone: 423.634.1277 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following list is generally some of the patient information our Nurse Liaisons will gather to support the Inpatient Admissions process:
- Name of Patient
- Referring Facility’s Name
- Referring Facility Case Manager’s Name
- Face sheet (demographic and all insurance information)
- Family Contact (name and phone number)
- Patient’s Room Number
- Primary M.D. (name and phone number)
- Referring M.D. (name and phone number, if not the primary M.D.)
- History and Physical (primary consults)
- Most Recent Labs (CDC, Metabolic, Coagulation, any others)
- All Cultures and Results
- Vital Signs, Current and Recent Trends (last 2-3 days)
- Current Medication List (including intravenous medications)
- Initial Therapy Evaluations and Current Progress from PT, OT, and ST
- Dietary Consults (if done)
- M.D. Progress Notes (last 5 days)
- Latest Chest X-ray, MRI, CT Scan
- Any Other Pertinent Diagnostic Testing
All patient admissions must be medically approved by Siskin Hospital’s medical director and financially approved by our finance department.
Final Transportation & Admission Arrangements
Ambulance transportation arrangements may be made through the Admissions Department. If possible, a family member should accompany the patient so they can assist with the admissions process.
Outpatient Admissions Information
To refer a patient to Siskin Hospital’s Outpatient Therapy Services, please call Outpatient Admissions at 423.634.1400 or fax a prescription referral to 423.634.4578.