Balance and Dizziness Program
Siskin Hospital’s Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Program provides help for those who have suffered from balance and dizziness issues.
Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation is a non-invasive therapy to treat patients with balance and/or dizziness problems. It is a systematic approach that has an individually-designed series of exercises and activities to address the unique needs of each patient.
The program is administered by a physical therapist who has special training in balance and vestibular dysfunction. It uses state-of-the-art technology based on a system developed for NASA to evaluate and treat balance deficits and dizziness encountered by astronauts in a weightless environment. Learn more about Siskin Hospital's Special Equipment.
Siskin Hospital’s Balance and Dizziness Program features the following:
- A thorough evaluation which may include Computerized Dynamic Posturography, a state-of-the-art pressure-sensitive plate and computer image that helps determine your sensory organization, reflex and voluntary movement.
- A thorough evaluation of your vestibular function.
- Evaluation and treatment for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
- An exercise program individualized to patient needs, designed to improve adaptation and substitution of the vestibular system.
Who needs Vestibular Rehabilitation?
Individuals who have had:
- Frequent falls
- Unsteadiness when walking or climbing stairs
- Dizziness or feelings of unsteadiness when making sudden changes in movement, such as suddenly turning or getting up quickly.
- A stroke or other neurological problem
- Motion sensitivity
- Spinning sensation when first getting up in the morning or when changing head positions (such as looking up or looking down)
- Unilateral or bilateral vestibular loss or hypofunction: Vestibular Nueritis, Acoustic Neuroma, Gentamicin Toxicity and Related Conditions, Meniere’s Syndrome, Post-Traumatic Vertigo, Post-Concussion Syndrome
After receiving the physician referral for physical or occupational therapy, a team member will contact you to arrange your initial evaluation/treatment.
Case managers are available to assist you with questions regarding your insurance policy. For additional information please call 423.634.1400 or email email@example.com.