IT SQL Report Writer / Junior SQL Programmer
Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation is looking for a full-time SQL Report Writer/Junior SQL Programmer. The SQL Report Writer/Junior SQL Programmer works under the supervision of the IS Manager to maintain and develop forms and reports from various data sources. The SQL Report Writer/Junior SQL Programmer will be responsible for creating and modifying reports using Microsoft Power BI, InfoMaker, Crystal, SQL Server Reporting Services and other solutions. You will be an active participant in determining key business requirements and implementing those requirements in a format that effectively conveys the results to various audiences from front-line staff to C-Level executives. This role is expected to work independently, possess a personable/pleasant attitude in working with others, adhere to a schedule and participate in projects. Activities include being a member of a team that strives to ensure that the system is secure and functional at an accepted level of performance, to provide technical support to staff, and to maintain computer systems according to HIPAA regulations and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develop and support data and analytic reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, and InfoMaker
- Create informative and interactive data visualizations/models and reports
- Write relational and tabular model queries
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications in these core areas of expertise
* This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree in Computer Technology, MIS, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with T-SQL to develop and maintain forms and SSRS reports as well as general database knowledge
- 1 – 3 years’ SQL Reports Developer experience supporting electronic health record (EHR) systems preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and familiarity with MS SQL server
- Expert knowledge designing and deploying Reports in InfoMaker, Crystal, MS SQL Report Writer, or similar platform
- Experience with Analytics platforms such as MS Power BI, IBM Cognos, Qlik, Tableau, or other similar platforms
- Exposure to other programming languages and environments including Java, Python and Visual Basic a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills to support the demands of IT/EHR
- Computer technical support such as troubleshooting and maintaining computer systems.
- Document work and write procedures and manuals as well as train staff on EHR techniques and practices
- Strong interest in building solutions for analytics and data presentation; passion for both healthcare and technology
- Curiosity about data and the ability to translate data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Self-starter, self-managed, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude
- Ability to extract reporting requirements from design sessions and discussions
- Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the organization’s needs:
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Create and modify reports and report templates using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Review and translate business requirements/user stories into report requirements
- Research required data and data relationships
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables in accordance with due dates and project requirements
- Troubleshoot issues reported by users to correct report defects / anomalies
- Analyze existing SQL queries / reports for performance improvements
- Suggest new queries to optimize and improve performance and reporting
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Highly self-motivated and willing/able to troubleshoot/solve issues
- Work cooperatively with coworkers to address concerns, train others, enhance own skill set and develop solutions which will result in higher standards and increased quality of service
- Required to participate in on-call rotation system
- Ticket resolution, assignment, follow up and documentation
- Follow complex procedures and explain technical solutions to a wide range of users
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding issues and progress on projects
- Maintain a high quality of work ethic and professionalism
- Possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills to support the demands of IT/EHR
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to convey technical advice and as well as train staff with various degrees of ability
- Accurately report any security issues or threats to supervisor
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.