IS Systems Engineer
Overview of Siskin
Siskin Hospital was founded in 1989 as the first freestanding, not-for-profit rehabilitation hospital in Tennessee built specifically for rehabilitation patients. Currently, Siskin Hospital is the largest rehabilitation hospital in Tennessee and remains the only freestanding not-for-profit rehabilitation hospital in the state, offering an all-inclusive campus, as well as off-campus locations, dedicated to meeting a wide variety of rehabilitation needs.
You will be part of a talented team of system and network professionals that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Executes the mission and vision defined by IS Leadership.
- Lead team of Analyst; assigning responsibilities to team members and working with IS Leadership to ensure deliverables are met
- Provides technical assistance in design, configuration, performance optimization, maintenance, and capacity planning for an environment consisting of the following major components:
– Enterprise Storage (EMC SAN/NAS)
– Server Virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V)
– MS Exchange/Office 365
– MS Windows Servers
– Active Directory/Group Policy Objects (GPO)
– Cloud Infrastructure (Azure & AWS); System Management, Monitoring, and Alerting Tools
– Backup Systems
– IT Security Systems and Tools
- Identifies and resolves server, storage, and systems security issues that affect Siskin’s IT/business functions.
- Serves as an internal consultant to help resolve complex IT/business issues.
- Manages projects and/or participates in projects and contributes to team assignments.
- Helps create and maintain IT documents, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable about emerging technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Information Technology or related field
Bachelor degree preferred
Must have 6+ years of experience installing, configuring, monitoring, optimizing and maintaining an MS/Active Directory environment.
Must have 2+ years of experience leading teams with a proven record of delivering results.
Knowledge of MS Windows operating systems, MS Exchange/Office365, IT security and backup systems tools are required.
Certifications (Not required, but nice to have)
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft MCP
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Linux+/LPIC1
- VMware VCA
- Citrix Certified Administrator/Engineer
Hands-on experience administering VMWare vSphere and EMC SAN storage subsystems
Managing Citrix Environment
Experience with HL7 and FHIR Standards
Healthcare Information Technology Experience
Microsoft 365/Azure and cloud experience
Cisco UCS Networking
EMC Data Domain
Scripting experience with PowerShell, Python, Bash
Thin client / Igel Experience
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke-Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.