Inpatient Physical Therapist
Responsible for administering and directing appropriate Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment as prescribed by a qualified physician. Responsible for effective communication and accurate documentation. Displays professional behavior in accordance with APTA Code of Ethics and Siskin Philosophy of Service. Meets mandatory requirements to keep Physical Therapy license active. Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Scope of authority / leadership responsibilities / reporting relationships/ identification of work team
Supervises PT and PTA students after one year of experience. Provides clinical supervision to PTA’s and Technicians. Routinely interacts with other employees, families, patients, vendors, physicians and visitors. Reports to Inpatient PT Supervisor.
Patient ages served
Adolescent (12 – 18 years of age)
Adult (19 – 65 years of age)
Older Adult (over 65 years of age)
Patient health information – Access level
Clinical – Within Work Area
Minimum qualifications or equivalents
Bachelor or Master of Science in Physical Therapy or graduation from an approved certificate program prior to mandatory licensing.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Tennessee
- Maintains ongoing CPR certification
- Passes annual UD PI credentialing exam
- Willingness to continue education and professional training
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to complete tasks in individual and team capacity
- Willingness to accept and give constructive criticism
- Minimal computer skills preferred
Physical / Mental Requirements
Position requires ability to frequently
- Maneuver patients of varying weights and sizes, with varying functional deficits and abilities to assist with transfer and other mobility activities.
- Maneuvering patients may also include performing more difficult physical patient activities in cooperation with other staff or utilizing transfer/therapy equipment.
- Perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patient or setting up and operating treatment equipment.
- Walk, sit and/or stand for prolonged periods, remain in awkward positions for prolonged periods such as during patient treatment.
- Be able to see and observe equipment monitors and subtle patient changes such as facial expression, color changes in skin, etc.
- Distinguish variations in sound such as voice patterns or pertinent information from background noise.
- Communicate with a variety of people with varying ability to comprehend.
- Concentrate on fine detail and attend to a task for varying periods with frequent interruptions.
- Understand and relate to the theories behind several related concepts.
Environmental Working Conditions
Position requires occasional to frequent exposure to
- Blood, body tissues or fluids
- High and low temperature
- Hazardous materials such as chemicals or toxic materials
- Bodily injuries
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke-Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.