Environmental Services Technician
Siskin Hospital is looking for full-time and part-time environmental services technicians with at least one (1) year of experience working days to join our dynamic and busy department. If you take pride in your work and are interested in becoming part of Siskin Hospital’s “Caring People, Changing Lives” team, please apply.
Housekeeping Job Summary
Primarily responsible for maintaining and delivering a high gloss quality service, maintains the hospital in a sanitary/attractive/orderly fashion, and helps promote the mission and policies and procedure of Siskin Hospital. Also performs a wide range of tasks and projects associated housekeeping within the hospital, including general and specific cleaning requirements.
Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- One year prior experience is preferred.
Physical / Mental Requirements
Extensive and constant physical effort is required including walking, lifting a minimum of 25 lbs., pulling, pushing and stooping. Operation of equipment associated with floor care and floor care maintenance. Vision must be good or prescribed glasses worn. High tolerance for change, handling varying demands made by staff, patients and visitors.
Environmental and Working Conditions
Works in a typical hospital environment subject to the hazards of a health care facility with the potential risk of exposure to disease and or hazardous wastes materials. Flexible scheduling is required including overtime, weekend assignments and second and third shift assignments.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe other duties and assignments which may be assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Contributes to the achievement of the mission and values of the hospital specifically:
- Acknowledging the dignity and worth of all individuals
- Achieving service excellence through the principles of quality care, courtesy, reliability, respect, and concern, and
- Establishing an environment that is responsive to patients, guests, and employees’ needs
- Contributes effectively to designated team and Hospital goals and performance improvement activities in order to achieve Hospital mission
- Provides for a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and coworkers
- Ensures a clean and healthy environment by following a daily and weekly schedule of duties
- Uses and maintains departmental equipment in a safe orderly manner and clean condition
Siskin Hospital is a Smoke Free Facility!
In order to further our mission of helping others achieve and maintain healthy lives, effective March 1, 2017, Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Siskin Hospital recognizes the major importance of employees’ health and the responsibility of maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers, patients and visitors. Therefore, all individuals who are offered a position with Siskin Hospital are screened for illegal drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco/nicotine as part of the post-offer health screening. Individuals whose post-offer health screening results are verified positive for illegal drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco/nicotine use, and/or whose reference and/or background checks are verified unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for one (1) year from the date of the post-offer health screening.
The Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan of Siskin Hospital is designed to help create and maintain an environment that promotes inclusion. Overall, creating the best experience for our patients and our employees. Caring People, Changing Lives.
If you are interested in joining our family, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.