The foundation to Siskin Hospital’s Center for NeuroRecovery is an engaged and highly competent staff, specialized in neurological treatments.
All Siskin Hospital clinicians working in any of the NeuroRecovery programs must complete a minimum of 10 hours of neurologically-related CEUs each year. Most of them far surpass this baseline expectation.
Siskin Hospital has more Certified Brain Injury Specialists and Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialists than any facility in the region.
Siskin Hospital's therapists have a wide range of advanced skills and certifications in specialties such as:
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Low Vision
- Job Coaching and Placement
- Community Re-Entry
- Spasticity Management
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Aquatic Therapy
- Vital Stim
- Myofascial Release
- Supported Conversation for Aphasia
- Pelvic Floor (Incontinence) Treatment
- Wheelchair Seating and Positioning
- Serial Casting
- Neurodevelopmental Training
- Certified Driving Rehabilitation Specialist
- Adapted Tai Chi classes/instruction
- "Big" and "Loud" Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
- Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialists
- Instructor of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- A Matter of Balance
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Astym Certification
- Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Modified Barium Swallow Study
To talk to one of our Center for NeuroRecovery specialists, or to arrange a tour, please call 634-1385.