What To Bring
What should you bring with you during your stay at Siskin Hospital? We recommend:
- Medical Insurance Cards and/or Medicare Card
- Any Special Insurance Forms
- Copy of your Living Will, if available
- Copy of your Durable Power of Attorney, if available
- Legal Guardian Document, if available
- List of medications you are currently taking, if you are being admitted from home
- Portable Health Profile, if available
- Comfortable, loose-fitting elastic waist pants or shorts
- Comfortable, loose-fitting shirts
- Comfortable, flat shoes that have a non-skid sole. Open heels or open toe shoes are discouraged.
- Pajamas or Nightgown
- Bedroom Slippers
- Sweater or Jacket
- Bathing Suit (necessary only if your doctor orders hydrotherapy)
We recommend that you bring enough clothes for at least seven days, although in-house laundry facilities are available, if needed.
Personal Care Items:
- Shaving Supplies
- Comb/ Brush
- Sanitary Supplies
- Hearing Aid and Batteries
- Any Medical Equipment you are using: Braces, Canes, Splints, Special Shoes, etc.
- Books, Magazines, Leisure items
The Following Items Are NOT Permitted:
- Prescription or over-the-counter medications, as well as herbal supplements. Our in-house pharmacy will supply your medications while you are here to ensure that all medications work well together without negative interactions.
- Money in excess of $10.00
- Televisions, Stereos, Coffee Pots, Heating Pads, and other electrical devices
- We also strongly discourage you from bringing jewelry or other valuables. Although we attempt to ensure the safety of your personal possessions, it is best to leave valuables at home.