You have a choice for your rehabilitation needs, so INSIST on Siskin Hospital!
You can begin the admissions process now even if you are in an acute care hospital. Click the link below for a PDF form that you can print out and complete with your information. This form will give authorization for a Siskin Hospital clinical representative to visit you while you are still a patient in an acute care hospital, allowing you to request a referral to Siskin Hospital for your rehabilitation care.
Begin the admissions process now!
Life can change in an instant, and when it does we are here to help. You and your family deserve nothing but the best and that is exactly what you will find at Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation.
The provider you choose for your rehabilitation can make a significant difference in your recovery. Patients who insist on a comprehensive rehabilitation program achieve better overall outcomes and enjoy greater success.
Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation is here to help you and your loved ones navigate the process of selecting and participating in the most appropriate level of care available. From our highly qualified, caring staff, to our state-of-the-art facility, we are nationally known for excellence and are here for one purpose – to help you get back to the most independent life possible.
Inpatient Rehabilitation at Siskin Hospital
Learn more about Inpatient Rehabilitation at Siskin Hospital.
Criteria for Inpatient Rehabilitation Admission:
All rehabilitation hospitals must follow admission criteria outlined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. These rules are designed to insure that admission is reserved only for patients who can demonstrate the medical necessity required for intensive inpatient rehabilitation. Patients seeking rehabilitation for this level of care must:
- Be willing and able to participate in, and benefit from, a minimum of three hours of rehabilitation therapy five days a week.
- Require two or more types of therapy (ex. Physical, Occupational, or Speech-Language Therapies).
- Require 24-hour medical/nursing care with daily oversight of a Physiatrist.
- Have the capacity to make functional improvements based on the rehabilitation goals set with the therapy team.
- Have the expectation of returning to a home setting following discharge.
- Have approval of a Physiatrist documenting the medical necessity and compliance with the other admission criteria.
If you do not meet these criteria, you still may benefit from the programs and services available in our SubAcute Rehabilitation Program.
For a variety of information, please visit the following list of pages with content that will guide you through the admissions process:
- Selecting a Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nurse Liaisons
- Tour Siskin Hospital
- A Typical Day
- What To Bring
- Insurance & Payment Information
- Patient Forms
- Referral Information for Physicians
- Prospective Patient Information
- Patient Outcomes
Please contact Siskin Hospital by phone at 423.634.1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The Inpatient Admissions Department can be reached by calling 423.634.1277.