Wound Care Specialists
The Wound Care Specialists Team at Siskin Hospital is devoted to providing continuity of care for all wound care patients through a comprehensive evaluation and treatment process.
Siskin Hospital's Wound Care Specialists Team has more than 20 years of combined experience and are licensed RNs or LPNs.
The Wound Care Specialists Team assesses all patients and provides treatment seven days a week. This continuity of staff care throughout treatment allows for better comparison during the healing process. With daily treatments provided as needed, changes can be efficiently tracked and communicated to the entire treatment team.
The Wound Care Specialists work closely with the therapy and nursing staff to appropriately meet the patients’ needs. Administration supports this relationship by encouraging the staff to provide healing options that best suite each patient’s individual needs.
Siskin Hospital’s Wound Care Specialists work hard to prevent problems by scheduling regular wound cleanings, positioning appropriately, and working closely with a Siskin Hospital Dietician to ensure quality nutrition that can promote the healing process. Additionally, Siskin Hospital’s in-house Wheelchair Clinic is dedicated to providing proper seating equipment, as well as cushions, elevations, and stockings. This team effort helps patients heal properly.
The Wound Care Specialists Team continually seeks flexibility in treatment options. Team members pride themselves on their willingness to make changes and adaptations that provide the best results. A wide-range of wound care products are available to augment healing. Vac Therapy is available to all patients with two in-house equipment units, including those in the SubAcute Rehabilitation Program.
Siskin Hospital treats individuals suffering from vascular insufficiency wounds, diabetic wounds, pressure sores, burns, and wounds of surgical or traumatic etiology. Patients must be appropriate for rehabilitation therapy.
The Wound Care Specialists Team provides the following services:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a registered physical therapist and nurse
- A comprehensive evaluation by a Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist
- Wound Photography
- Vascular Tests- Including ABI
- Sensation Testing- Including Diabetic Monofilament Testing
- Nutritional Consultation by a registered Dietician
- Wound Cleaning- Including Whirlpool Treatments
- Debridement- sharp, mechanical, enzymatic, autolytic debridement, and callous removal
- Appropriate selection of dressing types and frequency of dressing changes
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Treatment
- Compression Therapy
- Ancillary Therapies- Including E-Stim and Ultrasound for wound care
- Pressure mapping and seating assessments to determine equipment/position for optimal pressure relief