Wound Care Specialists
The Wound Care Specialists Team at Siskin Hospital is devoted to providing continuity of care for all wound care patients through a comprehensive evaluation and treatment process.
Siskin Hospital's Wound Care Specialists Team has more than 20 years of combined experience and are licensed RNs or LPNs.
The Wound Care Specialists Team assesses all patients and provides treatment. This continuity of staff care throughout treatment allows for better comparison during the healing process. With daily treatments provided as needed, changes can be efficiently tracked and communicated to the entire treatment team.
The Wound Care Specialists work closely with the therapy and nursing staff to appropriately meet the patients’ needs. Administration supports this relationship by encouraging the staff to provide healing options that best suit each patient’s individual needs. Wound Care Specialists recieve ongoing educational training to remain current with best practices for wound and ostomy care.
Siskin Hospital’s Wound Care Specialists work hard to prevent problems by scheduling regular wound treatments, prevention interventions including positiong, and working closely with the dieticians to ensure quality nutrition that can promote the healing process. Additionally, Siskin Hospital’s in-house Wheelchair Clinic is dedicated to providing proper quality support surfaces for seated positioning. This team effort helps patients heal properly.
The Wound Care Specialists Team continually seeks flexibility in treatment options. Team members pride themselves on their willingness to make changes and adaptations that provide the best results. A wide-range of wound care products is available to augment healing. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy is available to all patients.
Siskin Hospital treats a full range of wound etiologies, including vascular, neuropathic, pressure injuries, buns, surgical and traumatic wounds. Patients must be appropriate for rehabilitation therapy.
The Wound Care Specialists Team provides the following services:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a Wound Care Specialist
- A comprehensive evaluation by a Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist
- Vascular Tests- Including ABI
- Nutritional Consultation by a registered Dietician
- Debridement- conservative sharp, mechanical, enzymatic, autolytic debridement
- Appropriate selection of dressing types and frequency of dressing changes
- Compression Therapy
- Ancillary Therapies- Including E-Stim and Ultrasound for wound care
- Pressure mapping and seating assessments to determine equipment/position for optimal pressure relief