Siskin Hospital’s Registered Dietician is licensed in the State of Tennessee and is a Long-Term Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Registered Dietician works to develop a nutritional care plan for each patient based on medical and texture restrictions and nutritional needs. Attention is given to the patient's religious and lifestyle restrictions and personal tastes.
The Registered Dietician:
- Assesses high nutrition-risk patients upon admission
- Assesses patient’s length of stay per hospital standards
- Assesses patients as needed per physician consult
- Recommends and facilitates nutrition interventions
- Monitors and evaluates nutrition therapies and reassesses needs at regular intervals
- Collaborates with other disciples to ensure highest level of care provided
- Provides nutrition education to patients and their families
- Updates nutrition policies, while being involved in menu planning and analysis
- Is involved in on-going interdisciplinary performance improvement projects
- Performs meal rounds and tray assessments to ensure patient satisfaction and safety