We are Different!
People with disabilities or other special needs often do not feel comfortable in fitness centers that cater primarily to able-bodied people. That is why the Fitness Center at Siskin Hospital was specifically designed to focus on the disabled, people who wish to maintain or improve function gained from physical therapy, and those concerned about maintaining independence, health and fitness as they age.
* Programs designed by exercise specialists who understand disabilities and have adapted the exercises appropriately.
* The facility was designed with everybody in mind. You'll find no heavy doors that are hard to open and no thresholds that are hard to step or wheel over.
* A variety of specialized equipment in a spacious layout allows for easy use and mobility for an individual in a wheelchair.
* Weight machines are equipped with grab bars, as well as storage for canes and water bottles.
* Adapted equipment is available and can be used from a seated position.
* Suspension and harness systems increase safety during exercise.
* Competition standard rowing machine installed on sliders- an "on the water" feel for a unique workout experience.
* Indoor and outdoor walking/rolling tracks.